• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mobile home axles for non-mobile home trailers

Michael

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: mobile home axles for non-mobile home tr

I just reread your original post. If you buy new tires you will pay the tax. If you buy used tires, I don't see how anyone could do anything to you for the original owner not paying the tax. I bought a complete set of bigger better used tires and made sure that they didn't have the mobile home use only on them because I didn't want to have this conversation on the side of the highway somewhere. I also removed the 3rd axle so I wouldn't need a class A license to pull it. Four of the tires I have now add up to a higher weight than 6 of the ones I was using.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 16' trailer with mobile home axles and they work fine for local hauling. I just go down to the local mobile home place to buy tires. They have a big pile of tires already mounted and axles. They take the axles out from under new moblie homes after they set them and send the back to the manufacturer to put on new homes. They sell me mounted tires and rims for $30.

rizzo

Re: RE: Re: RE: mobile home axles for non-mobile home traile

DaveP said:
rizzo, if you have the axles allready just check to see what they used for bearings and narrow them to suit your needs. if you want good tires for them let me know. i have a source for the 14.5's. cheap.
thanks dave.

I am using my trailer without a problem and I have 5 new tires I got from a friend that do not have any restrictions on them. They seem to work fine for me. I never drive it more than 60mph. This came up in a discussion on another board

bkwudzhom

How bout schedual 80 pipe and the spindles from a JD combine. Perfect axel, heavy duty, easy to find legal tires. Works great.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon

what weight ratings do mobile home axles tend to have?
how do they set up the suspension on those multi axle jobs?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks