• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

modulator cable?

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
torque converter unlocking in 5th gear...

took the 931a2 to the station the other evening for some fuel.....got it out on the highway and it shifted 1 to 2 then lockup then 3 to 4 then 5th staying locked up...not held to the floor....

lifted throttle on flat ground running 55mph......came to a hill and pushed the throttle to the floor to climb the hill then the torque converter unlocked then lifted the throttle then it locked back up.......

question is if cable was out of wack would it cause that?........too this is after i put on 5" exhaust.....

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is it doing this repeatedly? Or just a one time thing? Sometimes they just act goofy. Has the cable moved that you can tell? I know you can get a slight adjustment at the U bolt.

ghitch75

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i tried adjusting the cable per the TM and it didn't seem to do anything.......i guess it was doing it before the exhaust because it would have trouble pulling hills from unlocking......it is just a lot more noticeable with the louder exhaust....

what will adjusting the u-bolt do?

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You can take up or loosen the slack on the actual stationary portion of the cable giving it a longer reach or shorter draw. sometimes a fraction of an inch is all it takes. It is just like on the shifter cables. They have a general "spot" for the mounting bolt to sit in and tons of adjustment on the cable themselves but that spot could mean a perfect fit or too tight or too loose.

This is on the 250 but it talks about the rear U bolt hold down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ew2Gb74XFM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks