• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Forking....

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to recover a "driveable, runs with a jump" deuce out of Davis Monthan AFB the other day for a friend of a friend. I was going to drive it to my house and store it for a week or so then the guy was t drive it 500ish miles home.

I got there, and the GP rep told me there might be a leak from the fuel tank.

This is what I found.

Upon further inspection, it became clear the truck had been lifted with a forklift, with multiple areas of damage. I aborted the recovery, the buyer made some adjustments with GP and the truck was recovered by means of a flatbed and winch.

Despite repeated complaints to GP, this type of activity continues pretty much across the board. I'm still seeing trucks damaged by being moved with a front loader at Ft Riley....

Caveat Emptor.....20160212_081220.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to recover a "driveable, runs with a jump" deuce out of Davis Monthan AFB the other day for a friend of a friend. I was going to drive it to my house and store it for a week or so then the guy was t drive it 500ish miles home.

I got there, and the GP rep told me there might be a leak from the fuel tank.

This is what I found.

Upon further inspection, it became clear the truck had been lifted with a forklift, with multiple areas of damage. I aborted the recovery, the buyer made some adjustments with GP and the truck was recovered by means of a flatbed and winch.

Despite repeated complaints to GP, this type of activity continues pretty much across the board. I'm still seeing trucks damaged by being moved with a front loader at Ft Riley....

Caveat Emptor.....View attachment 610955

Damage? What damage? Thats the "Rapid drainage system" available on select deuces. LOL OUCH!!!!!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, this truck is also equipped with the " front drive shaft adjustment" and the "fender and cab enhancement" kits as well. It may also have other stealthily installed fork options....

99nouns

I came here looking for deuce taking a bath, I guess it should have been Fording not Forking...

Last edited:

jbayer

Na, I think it supposed to be just as written. Forking, as in Fork lifting, with the resulting damage. Forking.

Just as Deuce is spelled "Deuce", not duce.

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with the Ironclad insurance you could do anything to get a partial refund?

KaiserM109

GL was terrible about wiping out all or part of the relay valve on 103/105 class trailers. I bought 4 from GL and 3 had enough damage that the brakes didn't work properly, also frame damage.

While recovering my M109 at Ft. Riley, I witnessed them push a 5 ton expando van sideways and backwards into place. They left enough damage on the side of the van that the side probably would not expand. I commented to the guy as he walked by and he said that they did that because most would not start.

jasonjc

I had a tow truck company with a landoll go pick up a 5 ton from GL. GL was nice enough to push it up on the trailer with the forklift. To bad the stone guard was not strong enough to keep the fork out of the radiator:evil:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, this truck is also equipped with the " front drive shaft adjustment" and the "fender and cab enhancement" kits as well. It may also have other stealthily installed fork options....
High clearance driveline (half the time).

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even with the Ironclad insurance you could do anything to get a partial refund?
Amazingly, in just a matter of a few hours, the new owner got a settlement from GP and they released it back to him...we were hoping to drive it onto my trailer, but that's what I have a winch for. :smile:

Apparently the GP folks don't have a forklift at Davis-Monthan, and the DLA folks wanted this Deuce moved ASAP...when GP couldn't make it happen, out came the forklift and the appearance of the "slight leak." aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks