• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More questions

Rebelpride

I have been reading about filters and modifications to the deuce every chance that I
get, and now I have a few questions.

1) Some people say that you should only use the OEM air filter because it has the correct
CFM rating, but why not use a filter that allows more air, after all the easier that she can
breath the more it should be.

2) Just for knowledge sake how much torque does the deuce put out? I think that I had read in the Operators Manual that the HP is around 130??.

3) If you didnt change anything and ONLY turned up the fuel what are the benefits, do you gain more MPG and HP/Torque?

4) Can you make the turbo 'spool up' faster?

bottleworks

Rebelpride said:
1) Some people say that you should only use the OEM air filter because it has the correct
CFM rating, but why not use a filter that allows more air, after all the easier that she can
breath the more it should be.
IIRC, I believe the issue is there is not a correctly sized filter that is rated @ a higher CFM then stock. You would have to change the air filter housing to one that can fit a filter that is rated @ a higher CFM.

3) If you didnt change anything and ONLY turned up the fuel what are the benefits, do you gain more MPG and HP/Torque?
You will get more power at the expense of higher exhaust temps. You must have a EGT gauge installed if your going to do this. You can melt your engine if you over do it.

4) Can you make the turbo 'spool up' faster?
Considering that my "C" turbo is whistling @ idle, it's going a fine job being at speed. I get the feeling that you want to "hot rod" your new truck. A 14K Lbs Deuce will not be a drag racer and the multi fuel engine is small compared to today's diesels. The max speed is 56 MPH.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey, if you can find a 5ton filter housing for a multifuel, that setup is rated at 525cfm compared to the deuce's 410cfm. I think the only way to speed up the turbo's spool is to increase air flow. I guess a larger intake and exhaust would do that, or custom fins in the turbo :)

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only way to speed up a turbo it to increase the exh gas flow or speed it up. Remember,the exhaust drives the intake. You can decrease the size of the exhaust ports, That'll do it. There used to be a company that made a tube type exhaust manifold for the 855s. They put a restrictor in the port that reduced the 1 1/2 x 2 port to a 1 1/4 x 1 1/4. Didn't see a benefit on the dyno HP wise, but it seemed to accelerate a bit faster. HTH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks