• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor dies when letting off throttle

fhu667

Hi guys. I've had this problem going on for a while now. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. One day my truck started dying when I would let off the throttle. It ran fine going down the road, and then it got to where it wouldn't idle. I changed the fuel and filters, and there was heaps of sludge in the filters. After that my truck ran better, and it continued to improve. Now it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It runs great going down the road, but when shifting gears or any other time I let off the throttle it wants to die. If I nudge the accelerator a bit it will idle smoothly, and it will continue to idle smoothly until I gun the accelerator. When I let off the throttle it goes to about 400 RPM, and it tries unsuccessfully to accelerate or adjust the throttle. It just seems like it can't adjust fast enough.

I read a bunch of articles, and I have watched some videos. I opened a plate around the injector pump too see if an arm was in the 7 o'clock position, and it was very close. I also sprayed all with carb cleaner hoping it was gummed up, but that didn't make any difference.

I wonder if it could be restricted in the fuel pickup inside the tank, but that's going too be a really difficult area to get to in my truck. I'm just going someone can give me some clues as to what to look for. It just seems odd that the truck runs so good at speed, and that makes me think it's not a fuel delivery problem. Honestly though, I just don't know much about fuel injection.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

davidb56

Seems the very opposite of a clogged system. It should Idle ok and run out of fuel at higher rpm's. My guess is that you need to adjust the throttle. The dirty fuel system is a separate issue.

V8srfun

I would change the filters again and start running fungicide in your fuel. Like mentioned above it would be wise to clean the screen on the in tank unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks