• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

motor rebuilding piston and helicoil?

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Tore down my old 6.2 tonight for a rebuilding project. It had a blown head gasket and exhaust came out through the cooling system. First off, I noticed that on one side all the pistons were darker than the other. One of those piston looked like is had calcium deposits on its face. It came off with a wire brush. What that the one leaking? While cleaning up the headbolt holes, two of the thin holes that go into the water jacket are thrashed. What should those be repaired with? Should I use a helicoil since it has water on one side and pressure on the other? There has to be something better. Thanks in advance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks