• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motorsport Tech BORA wheel adapters

18E40

These are the Motorsport Tech Bulletproof Off Road Adapters (BORA) that I recently installed. I went with 2” adapters for the rear axle but I think I would have been happy with 1.5" adapters as well. The guy at Motortech Sports was very helpful when I ordered them and I received them pretty quick, about a week. They are machined to be hub-centric to the axle hub and also feature a wheel-centric lip. I torqued them to 90 lb-ft. No vibrations that I can detect up to 75mph and I don’t notice any differences in turning radius or handling. I did this mod strictly for aesthetic reasons and I do think my M1009 looks better with the BORA adapters making the rear wheels/tires more flush with the front track. That being said, I’m sure it’s made my M1009 somewhat overall less reliable because I’ve introduced another potential failure point. So I am not recommending them to anyone even though I am happy with the BORA adapters and have zero complaints. Just wanted to post this for informational purposes.

Attachments

Last edited: