• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mountain/Plains States Rally?

steelandcanvas

Just sending some feelers right now, but the MVCC (Colorado) would like to know if there is any interest in a Mountain/Plain States Rally. You Guys in the Mid-West, South and the East can't have all the fun. We are thinking a early Fall Rally would be an appropriate time. Give us some feeback.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I'd look at the state parks. There's several close to Denver/Ft Collins that have alot of camping and alot of roads to drive through the mountains. There's also several 4x4 places but they seem more "racing" type centers. Remember the GA rally had it's start in the State Park in Helen GA. (not including the half dozen people at Clinto's the first year).

Sirblissfull

I think its a great idea.

I would really like a rally in the Denver/Colorado Springs area.

I would think since there are a ton of fall rallies a spring rally would be a easier sell.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Yes, I'd look at the state parks. There's several close to Denver/Ft Collins that have alot of camping and alot of roads to drive through the mountains...
We have a large parcel of private property in mind, location is not a problem. Getting enough people interested to accomplish a sucessful rally is the issue. Would you come down from Wyoming? We didn't see you at the Airshow.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have a large parcel of private property in mind, location is not a problem. Getting enough people interested to accomplish a sucessful rally is the issue. Would you come down from Wyoming? We didn't see you at the Airshow.
I'll be there depending on weekend. I was kind of tight on time during the airshow weekend, and wasn't really crazy about driving 2 hours to go to another airshow. (Rally's are alot more fun). The parcel you have, what city is it in? One thing to remember; not everyone likes/does tents. I kind of think that is a partial reason why GA gets so big is that they have cabin rentals and a little restaurant.[thumbzup]

91W350

Sounds like a good time to me. I gave up the first weekend in October already. We had a good man quit for more pay, hard to find fault in that! Days off will be hard to get until they get somebody hired and trained. Google says 425 miles by Interstate, I hate doing that in a deuce....

Glen

steelandcanvas

No worries about it happening this year Glen, some of us are still recovering from the Rocky Mountain Airshow. Still alot of planning to do. Heck, we need to work on getting a large enough group together to justify having this shindig. I'll agree 425 miles in one day is a little rough on a butt, but you can stand up with us for a few days before you have to do it all over again.:-D
We are still in the basic pre-planning stages, we have the where, the why, and the what, we just need to figure out the who and when. Any feedback from the Steel Soldiers family will help make this a sucessful event.

91W350

I did that mind of mileage two days in a row on my Ellsworth recovery. I did not mind a bit! I would do it again tomorrow if I could! I70 is ten times busier than I90 though. I would hate to get drilled by a big truck. Glad you are talking next year.... Glen

ratat98

Sounds like a good time to me. I gave up the first weekend in October already. We had a good man quit for more pay, hard to find fault in that! Days off will be hard to get until they get somebody hired and trained. Google says 425 miles by Interstate, I hate doing that in a deuce....

Glen
Oh come on! 500 miles wasn't so bad in the deuce I stole from you! Ok, so it wasn't that great either... I'm sure the fact that it was 107 the whole way and I was worried about the oil leak didn't help any! :cookoo:
Hehe that being said, I don't think I would want to drive 500 miles in the deuce again unless it was the middle of the winter and there weren't many mountain passes between here and there... I'm still for a meet up in Dodge City, Ks!

area52

Google says its 374 miles for me to Aurora CO. I don't have a running MV yet but might have one going in the next few weeks. Let me know when.

I know there are a few SS members in Durango, maybe convoy?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks