• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the pictures.... Using only 1 of the links to lift my 350-400lb atv.

pic1- the atv suspended in the air
pic2- a close up of the link
pic3- an even more close up shot WITH ME STANDING ON THE ATV (adding another 170lb)
pic4- which hook did I use for the test?

Now, every one is going to complain about me stand on the suspended load. Well get over yourself, it was only hanging a few inches off the ground.

One link handled 520-570lbs without bending. I can only assume that using 2 of these to lift 100lb, is definitely overkill.
I won't give you any guff about you standing on a slung load. We did it all the time in the Marine Corps and the Air Force. Of course slightly different load tests and procedures to include duration, weight, etc. Point is you tested it, it works. Thank you for doing it, now I have an alternate for lifting some of my medium sized stuff. I can't give give someone a ration of pooh for doing something I did under slightly different circumstances. And nope, no pictures...if there were I might have retired at a much lower grade.:oops:
:beer:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if Derrickl can reverse engineer them into a scale drg, then pop down the the local fab shop or steel yard and save postage... better yet, get some Al plate and you wouldn't need a crane!... Unless you have nasty NRA totting neighbours!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derrick, Looks cool and I'm guessing you still have all your fingers.

Looked safe to me.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just playing around with them on the m936 since I dont have the m931 in my possession yet. But they will be going on the m931 when i get it. The only issue I have is that the windows don't roll down far enough so I might have to do some trimming on the windows so they will roll down farther. (they stick out above the door a little bit and I dont want the mounts resting on the glass frame)
Modify the brackets to clear the height of the glass.

Vintage iron

Nice doors! I need a set for my gun truck build! probable going to make mine. I would trade you for the center section. How much to ship to Mass?

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
bet you never had people say you had nice ones

I can have my truck there today, I am closest to you so it's first there wins right.
Those plates would look good on my M923.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks