• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting Transmission Control Module

Jinx

My minty fresh surplus M1114's transmission control module is not secured to the floor. Am I missing a mounting bracket for it? When I bought the truck it was also missing the rear passenger seat that goes over it, so obviously things were taken from this area. I've scowered the TM's for any information on this bracket and found nothing.

From pictures I've gleaned off the internet, the TCM's connector for this truck is supposed to face towards the driver's seat, unlike older trucks that have the TCM mounted sideways. If I line up the front holes (marked with a red arrow) it places the TCM way forward and it doesn't line up with the mounting holes in the back (marked with a blue arrow) because they are too far back. Vice versa, if I mount the rear of the TCM in the blue arrow holes, the TCM is almost against the wall and there are no holes for the front to mount.

The yellow arrows seem to be where the seat was mounted and it's way to wide to mount the TCM sideways. Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to order the bracket if it exists, or should I just drill holes through the floor?

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean something like this?
TCM.JPG
TCM.JPG
I don't see it listed separately, best to put a want in the classifieds.

Jinx

Yeah, mine didn't come with that bracket extension on the bottom. I didn't think about getting a picture of the underside of the TCM, but it has 4 bolts already installed. They are just way shorter than the bolt holes.

Jinx

There seems to be 2 styles of TCM for these trucks. One with the brackets that extend out to the mounting holes, and the other with the bolts located further in. Mine has the bolts mounted futher in.

Does anyone else have a M1114 with the TCM mounted with the bolts that are futher in? I'd like to see pictures to better understand how it's configured.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 mounting variants Based on what truck they are installed into…the box is the same, it’s the brackets or feet that determine
the truck,M1123/1097A2’s get the brackets, the brackets had studs that passed through the floor, the turbo uses the tabs and attaches via rivnuts.

Jinx

There are 2 mounting variants Based on what truck they are installed into…the box is the same, it’s the brackets or feet that determine
the truck,M1123/1097A2’s get the brackets, the brackets had studs that passed through the floor, the turbo uses the tabs and attaches via rivnuts.
That makes sense. My truck has rivnuts as shown in the first post. I'm just curious why it doesn't match up to the TCM for my turbo truck.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That makes sense. My truck has rivnuts as shown in the first post. I'm just curious why it doesn't match up to the TCM for my turbo truck.
because it was replaced at the unit level by some pvt who needed the truck to work, it doesn’t affect the operation of the truck to have the enclosure not bolted down, not the first I’ve seen nor the last.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks