• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG/Broken Record

dmetalmiki

My M54A2 Singled out (1600x18) Camper does between 15 and 17 Miles to a ((n imperial)) Gallon. My singled out (1200x20) deuce does between 12mpg and 15 mpg. They cruise to shows at 2000 RPM. 52 MPH. Steady with light throttle. They run on contam (clean diesel petrol mix) + filtered ( To 1 Micron) Used AQTF. The wrecker M62 beats them all!..(just kidding) with a Whopping ......5 MPG.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ratio do you mix the oil? I've also been using seafoam.
I use 1 quart per 20 gallons.
One bottle of seafoam per 20 gallons.
Same for my M1008A1, which gets a solid 20mpg hwy.

Am I Using too much or too little?
Doesn't matter since that’s what works great for me.

74M35A2

Make sure tires are full to rated pressure. Beyond that, yes, the RV users of the 8.3L see large fuel economy gains by advancing injection timing (they bump up from 12 to 16 degrees, we are at 8 stock), and they also lay smaller yet positive claim to economy gains with a straight through muffler such as the Aeroturbine 4040XL (now mfg by Jones). Both yes as you say. Not sure it has ever been quantified here, but can’t imagine it to be much different.

twisted60

I get a steady 7 MPG in my 923A2, combined driving, no load. Fuel is turned up a little and I have a more or less flow thru muffler. Other than that she is stock. Did get 8 MPG before I turned up fuel.
I'm happy with her so why change ? Run's good, does not completely empty the bank, what could be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks