• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MPG Change With 16's ?

hardtime

Greetings, Does anyone have info on the mpg change from stock NDT to 16's XZL.
I realize that your rpm's will be lower at 55mph with the larger tires, but does the wieght and larger footprint take away from the lower rpm gains?

jwaller

I kept the rpm's the same and used the higher speed so my mileage didn't change. it's not going to be much if any better bc with the larger tires your going to use more throttle to keep the same speed bc it takes more torque to keep the big rubber moving.

Hammer

Jwaller got it, if you keep the rpms the same, mpg will remain the same.
IF you keep it running slower though, I went from 5 mpg stock to 7+ mpg with the 16's on it.
Slower with the 16's is like 55 mph or so, which is fine for most usage. My truck will cruise at 65 mph without much issue, just takes a WHILE to get there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks