• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Muffler Survey

rmgill

Could the folks that have installed mufflers post pics and part numbers/costs of their installation? It'd be a good resource for an article.

jasonjc

I have a NAPA # 21470 for mine. it's a flow though type.it works real good. to install it I took the top pipe off and cut off a couple inches off the bottom and welded it to the muffler then took the rest and weled it to the top of the muffler. That way it goes on and off like stock. I then got another top pipe so i can go with or without muffler. (I need a spell checker bad)
jason

rizzo

jasonjc said:
I have a NAPA # 21470 for mine. it's a flow though type. It works real good. to install it I took the top pipe off and cut off a couple inches off the bottom and welded it to the muffler then took the rest and welded it to the top of the muffler. That way it goes on and off like stock. I then got another top pipe so i can go with or without muffler. (I need a spell checker bad)
Jason
download Google toolbar, it has one in it. it will check what ever you can type into web pages. works great

eddiec

hookin 1 has a muffler, his is hidden, behind the storage box. only have to modify the pipe by cutting out a few inches and adding 2 elbows. cann't tell it's even there. i'll try to get the part # and some pics for you.

rdixiemiller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Free...037127232QQcategoryZ33636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This I believe is the same muffler I put on my truck, clamped into the stack (pics tonight). I paid about $70 for mine, tax and all. If you can't find one locally, this is a good deuce muffler at a fair price (I have no connection with the seller, etc.). I slightly bent my mirror brackets with a 1/2 inch conduit bender to make the muffler clear them.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
That one on Ebay looks exactly like the Napa muffler I put on my truck. I think I paid $63 total from Napa and no shipping charges, they had it the next day. I will post pics later in the week after I get my truck back home tomorrow.

Dieselsmoke

Here's a pic of the muffler installed on my M109A3. It must have been some sort of MWO kit, as this was not a hacked together job, complete with a heat shield and the mount panel was definitely not a field modification. I'll post more pics of it after I resize them.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here is my muffler job. I used 1" angle iron and welded 2 sections straigt to the muffler in the spot where the stock bracket is. Welded a nut on the inside of each angle iron piece and it bolts right in using the stock hanger. I welded on the lip to unbolt the top stack section when I need to pull it in my garage (windhield down). Hopefully the pics work, I know they are very big.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks