• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mule on the beach

dougimes

I am headed to the beaches of the outer banks next weekend. Thinking about bringing the mule along for some beach travel.

how do they do in lose sand? Anyone have experience driving mules on the beach?

saddamsnightmare

March 24th, 2010.

dougimes:

You might want to check the National Park Guide, look under parks A to Z, check Cape Hatteras National Seashore or Cape Lookout National Seashore, as there are times of the year that they close the Beaches to vehicles, and the above sites will have information regarding off road vehicle use, permits (if needed) and such.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Swamp Fox

I usually go to Ocracoke once a year in the summer or fall and the rules regarding traffic on the beach has always been strict. I don't think they allow anything but street legal cars/trucks on the beach...as in no atv's, mules, etc...which doesn't make too much sense to me. I think their biggest worry regarding atv type vehicles is that people would be riding in/over the dunes and doing doughnuts over turtle nests or something.

BTW, where are you headed? Reading your post makes want to get my surf rods, cast net and a cooler of beer ready to go. This is an excellent time to be on the OBX...any time is a great time to be on the OBX.

Last edited:

Xs10tial

I agree with Swamp Fox. Check the regulations carefully. The tree huggers want to close the outer banks to ALL beach traffic to protect a species of bird which lays it eggs below the high tide line (they're endangered, go figure). Let's not give them any ammo.

I'll be in hatteras 4/4 to 4/9. Look for the m1008 with a camper, and stop by for a beverage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks