• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mule Wheel Bearing Question

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to the correct forum and if you have it apart it would seem prudent to put new bearings in as well as the seals but I don't have a Mule.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
only if they are bad would I replace the bearings . Get yourself a set of seals from John Emery ,Emery Mule Supply
John Emery
Phone - 262-567-5606
FAX - 262-567-5552
emerymulesupply@att.net

he will answer all your questions and is a great person to deal with . Just as a FYI , The G503 site has a great section on Mules and Charlie Watson has a great TUTORIAL on the procedure for replacement of your seals and boots .

Last edited by a moderator:

mulman7

Have a question on Seals for the drop axel, if the seals are going does this mean barings also need to be replaced usually?
It is my experience that when the hub seal starts to leak it is usually due to the hub bearing starting to fail.

To check the hub bearing jack up the mule so the wheels are off the ground
Grab the wheel at 12 and 6 o'clock and rock in and out.
Do not grab the wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock, movement will include loose or worn steering linkage.
There should be no movement if very slight then no replacement of the bearing is needed
Replace with a neoprene seal National 473455 or Emery mules may have repro original using neoprene instead of leather.
If there is better than slight or lots of movement then replace with a 5208 bearing.
Double check that the movement is not due to steering knuckle pin not properly shimmed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks