• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mult fuel or cummins

bbf

i am looking at my first 5 ton and i have a choice of the mult fuel or the cummins motor . i dont know witch way to go . the truck will be a camp truck witch means most trails are mud or sugar sand

cbvet

I really like the fuel versatility of the Multi in my Deuce, but the Cummins in my 5 ton sure has power.
Regarding sugar sand: 5 Ton with 1400-20 singles does MUCH better than Deuce with 900-20 duals.
Eric
CBVET

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends upon personal taste. Do you want to represent the Vietnam era? If so, a multi would be better. If you don't care about that, and the prices are the same, I'd take the M809 truck over an M39 any day of the week (assuming they are equal in mechanical and physical qualities). If the multi is nicer, take that truck. With all that said, the multi has the turbo and a lot of guys like the whistle. If you do, your only option is the multifuel.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes...a huge weight difference. I don't have the specs in front of me. The multi is a 478 CI motor...the Cummins is an 855 CI motor.

emr

I LOVE my 813A1, BUT I also find myself really likeing the older 5 tonners, the multis are awesome in there own way and quite a piece of history, I LOVE my deuces!!! if i go any crazier, i will get one of those 2, I use to not like the multi 5 tonners, but i have noticed with time as it goes by i like different trucks now and again, so i guess im saying don't think U are tying yourself down with just one, U will probably get the other some day!!!...randy

joec

Re: RE: mult fuel or cummins

BKubu said:
It depends upon personal taste. Do you want to represent the Vietnam era? If so, a multi would be better. If you don't care about that, and the prices are the same, I'd take the M809 truck over an M39 any day of the week (assuming they are equal in mechanical and physical qualities). If the multi is nicer, take that truck. With all that said, the multi has the turbo and a lot of guys like the whistle. If you do, your only option is the multifuel.

:ditto:

bbf

RE: Re: RE: mult fuel or cummins

well i have a duece and i will be getting the 5 ton with the cummins and go from there
thanks for the help