• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi Fuel Conversion to Diesel Only - Can I Reverse it Back to Multi Fuel??

Bigb80

Picked up a Deuce, has this yellow sticker on it, says diesel fuel only. I've gone through the forums before posting and just seen members arguing about who is right and wrong on this topic. Does anyone have a definitive answer? Can I still burn other fuels than diesel in this engine now? Or will I need to do some modifications to the fuel lines, etc to get it burning other fuels?

Deuce Fuel Lines.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This has been answered several times here. The yellow sticker means that the fuel density compensator (FDC) is bypassed.
The engine is still multifuel capable. Nothing in its internals changed.
It just won't compensate for different fuel viscosity. All that means is a little less power when running fuel such as gasoline.

Bypassing the FDC eliminates a common risk for fuel mixing with engine oil, thinning down the crankcase oil in the process.

If you want to burn fuel other than diesel, read up. The military didn't care whether the engine lived beyond the immediate mission. You may want to apply more stringent standards for fuel filtration when running waste motor oil and the likes.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ToddJK

Picked up a Deuce, has this yellow sticker on it, says diesel fuel only. I've gone through the forums before posting and just seen members arguing about who is right and wrong on this topic. Does anyone have a definitive answer? Can I still burn other fuels than diesel in this engine now? Or will I need to do some modifications to the fuel lines, etc to get it burning other fuels?

View attachment 845441
You still can yes. Like the previous post said, you just need to be careful of what you run. My motor still has the fdc hooked up, but I run wmo mixed with diesel. Just make sure whatever goes in that fuel tank not from a fuel station has been filtered well. There's plenty of threads on here as far as filtering and the like.
Since the fuel density compensator has been bypassed, be a good idea to hook up a pyro meter if there isn't already one installed, especially if the previous owner changed the fuel setting meaning turning it up or down. There are plenty of threads on here about that as well. I'm guessing you bought that truck you posted about earlier, the one that pulled the stump out?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks