• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multifuel in tank pump problem

RenegadeActual

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So mysteriously out of nowhere my in tank fuel pump stopped working. The fuse was blown, so I installed another fuse and tested to make sure I had 24v to the wiring and I did, but fuel pump wouldn't work. I ordered a new pump for $575 from eastern surplus, installed it and same problem. I have power but it won't do anything. The fuse is on the 24v side right, not on the ground side? The Primary fuel filter cannister is completely removed and no fuel is being pumped up to the filter.

RenegadeActual

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what I found is that the fuel pump had died and popped the fuse. I installed a new fuel pump I bought from Eastern Surplus. Measured that I had 24v at the pump housing but the fuel pump still wouldn't pump. With the fuel pump plugged in, the voltage drops to 0. I found the factory wiring had deteriorated at the connector on the firewall. I chose to bypass and I installed a wire from the battery to a fuse, then to a switch and back to the fuel pump. Pump works great now. The truck runs again, and after the radiator, fuel pump, headgaskets, all new coolant hoses. It runs great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks