• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multiple Auctions of Exact Same Item Ending Exact Same Time? Best way?

Crapgame

I got wrapped around the axle in a bidding war over two auctions of the same exact item ending at that same exact time last week. By time the 5 auctions were over the final price spread was $100-300each.

I had set a higher max bid on two of the items, but with the outbid notification delays, it just became a mess trying to keep track of the lot number bid max bids, with the extended ending times.

In the event this happens again for items I seek, do any of you have a recommended method to effectively manage, say up to five bids for separate auctions for the same item so you don't get stuck owning 3/5 at the end of the bidding?

I just tried, I couldn't even advance search to find the five ended auction events to list as example.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the auto-refresh pressed? When the auction gets down to the last minutes, I refresh a lot. Of course if someone bumps you, the auction is extended, so you can convince yourself to blow your budget on more crap you don't need.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats pretty much how I do it. One window open for each auction item. I hit refresh on the "my active bids" page and watch for one to go "not green". Then I go to that window and change my bid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks