• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Restoration Shop Recommendations

tcody

Does anyone have comments about who does good work with a MV restoration. Looking for shop with a good reputation, good work and honest job. Also would like to know who to avoid.

devilman96

Man I'd love to take on another one especally a 5 ton but I simply dont have the time or space...

Check with John Tennis... "Jtonka" I beleive is the name he uses on here... He's well known for doing good work and turning out quality. Saquashsanta has one of his bobbed deuces and raves about the work he did on it...

Keep in mind... when your talking something that big your in the 10 - 15,000$ range and higher for something done right... It all depends on how far you go and "good" you want the work to be.

devilman96

MVRR is there but I don't know anything about them, their work, nor how they would treat a newer production vehicle. Prolly have to kick around G503 for some information on them. http://www.mv-restoration.com

John is kinda known for his heavy truck work... Where are he and I don't always see eye to eye on very much... or agree on much of anything at all... and are kinda in competition with each other business wise on some things... I would still have to recommend him over anyone else which should say a good bit about his ability and workmanship... He knows what he is doing and ya know what your going to get from him in return. That can say a lot when your deal with a truck so big and so bloody expensive to rework... Sometimes the transport cost is worth the project.

Memphis, Boyce, Clark, etc are good for prepping fire trucks and construction conversions, weekend crawlers and puddle jumpers but if your taking a true restoration or custom work I wouldn't trust them with it.

m3a1_ht

Ron at MVRR is a real nice guy and has done wonderful work from what I've seen. Glen Greta of GI Trucks Inc in Laporte also does wonderful work. If someone is asking about good MV restoration work in Indiana, I would think that they are talking about one of them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
MVRR is who I have heard of from more than a couple of people. I have only seen one truck they did and didn't see any flaws in workmanship. I was just trying to post options, not take away buisness from an active member.

tcody

Thanks everyone for the advice. The truck is a 10 ton! Any other thoughts about shops to consider please let me know.
Regards

surpdlr

tcody said:
Does anyone have comments about who does good work with a MV restoration. Looking for shop with a good reputation, good work and honest job. Also would like to know who to avoid.
Bob Rubino at MIL SPEC RESTORATIONS Does great work!!!
(908) 475-2799
He advertises in MV magazine............

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: MV Restoration Shop Recommendations

A few years ago I had a truck restored by Memphis Equipment in Memphis. I was pleased enough with their work that as I write this another one is sitting in their shop - I'll pick it up Monday. Some of my friends have also had their trucks done there (frame up), and were pleased with the results. Memphis has the facilities, tools, equipment and staff (20 or so mechanics work in their shop full time, on nothing but MVs) to do the job to whatever standards you specify. One thing that has impressed me is the speed with which they do the work (no doubt a result of the familiarity they have with the subject - plus all the special tools).

I've met and corresponded with John Tennis, and he is indeed knowledgable and seems honest - were he closer I'd certainly not hesitate to use him. I personnaly know Mike Howard with Liberty Restoration, and he is also honest and accomodating, but he lacks the familiarity with the ten ton that Memphis, and probably John, have.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: MV Restoration Shop Recommendations

citizensoldier said:
Another one to check into is Charles Tallbert owner of M series Rebuild in NC.. I have heard very good things about his work. He will not cut corners regardless..
While browsing this thread, I thought I remembered reading an article in MV mag...couldn't remember who it was about. M-Series rebuild. That's who it was. I think it was 2 issues ago. Good write up.

littlebob

RE: Re: RE: Re: MV Restoration Shop Recommendations

All of my friends and coworkers ask what I'm going to do with the Deuce. How do You explain the 10ton and what model is it? After seeing pictures
I want one but it is way out of reach for now.

littlebob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks