• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MVParts fuel filter kit CAN work on a 5 ton MF

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
The kit looks great, nice build quality. I had planned to get this done in a day, however when the description says "some modifications" needed for installation on a 5 ton MF it really means it. The filter base bracket would never bolt on as is without relieving the firewall an inch or more.

20210303_170928.jpg

Since I had already removed the old fuel filter system, and seeing it was not going in day 1, I cleaned up and emailed mvparts for more info. They replied asking for a photo of the install area which I obliged. Meanwhile it is now day 2 and I need to put the fuel system together so the truck can be mobile again.

My solution is not elegant, but it is functional. Stainless steel drop brackets were made, giving the filter base housing room to bolt up and not hit the firewall. Excuse the gratuitous use of washers, it is sturdy and will suffice to get the fuel system back together.

20210303_181144.jpg

20210303_182115.jpg

Tomorrow I will wrap things up and it should run a whole lot better, the fuel filters looked as old as the truck :D Maybe mvparts has a better solution for the long term.

Ajax MD

I only see one washer per bolt, it's not like you used stacks of them instead of proper shims and whatnot.
Looks very sturdy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any advantages to this over spin on adapters? For now I'm still using stock stuff. New tank, new fuel and 3 new filers should keep me okay for a spell.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
This replaces the entire filter base assembly with a new one (that has spin on filter compatibility). I was not aware they made an adapter system. Now, I do have adapters to install to convert my oil filters to spin on, that is next weeks task.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This replaces the entire filter base assembly with a new one (that has spin on filter compatibility). I was not aware they made an adapter system. Now, I do have adapters to install to convert my oil filters to spin on, that is next weeks task.
All of these will work with our 5 tons. John is a great guy and has a ton of quality parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks