• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My 1952 M135 Build

LMRmopar

Successfully attended every car show of 2023, no awards/trophies won however seeing the reaction of kids as I let them sit inside was good enough. Nothing is better than making a kid smile. A few dump runs were also done in this unit and seeing the faces in the scale office as I roll onto the residential scale was certainly hilarious :LOL:, definitely not something they see every day. In September the distributor went out, took it apart to diagnose and decided I would just buy a NOS distributor instead because everything looked so worn out, was probably the original distributor but I could be wrong. Also set the valve lash and set timing, truck was definitely down on at least 20 ish horsepower, I picked up a lot of speed going up hills haha.

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been too long since i've posted here, and a lot of progress has happened since the last time. We'll start with the interior overhaul, got rid of the flaky old paint as much as I could and re upholstered the seats myself which didn't turn out too bad i'd say. Overall it's a big improvement from what it was however there is still so much to be done. Had to add the Hula girl as well :-D. I will be uploading as many photos as I can since the last update on this post. This truck will also be 100% Cummins swapped in the spring/next couple months and I will document everything to answer a lot of questions on the process and to make it easier for the next person looking to re power their unit.
Well done! The Cummins swap will be of interest to many. Do you plan a 4BT, 6BT, or something else? New transmission too I assume?
BDGR

LMRmopar

Well done! The Cummins swap will be of interest to many. Do you plan a 4BT, 6BT, or something else? New transmission too I assume?
BDGR
The plan will be to buy a 1994-1998 Donor 12 valve ram with an NV4500. Turbo will be replaced most likely and fueling upgraded. It will sound beautiful through a 5 inch stack. Both engine and trans will be gone through to rebuild but buying a donor truck is the easiest way because then I know it runs and the trans will go through all 5 gears, or if there is a problem I can fix it while I have it all out before I put it in.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's so interesting to take these to car shows. You never know what movie scenes a person can re-create. Even just showing the civilians what our youngsters had for military gear back in the 50's surprises a lot of people. Keep the photos coming. We scrounged another pile of take-outs if you need engine parts to keep running while you work on the swap.

P7151322.JPG P9110046.JPG KIMG0524.JPG 302crates.jpg 302oldcrate.JPG

LMRmopar

Bought some new mirrors and fabricated up some brackets with 1/8" steel, doesn't look too bad at all i'd say. Definitely a lot better than what it was before, I feel like I can actually back into a spot now :LOL:. Also performed another oil change and checked over the driveline to see if any issues presented themselves, luckily no major leaks or cause for concern.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks