• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My bobbed "10 ton"

JB

I built this @ 20 years ago from two different models my Dad built when he was a kid. They are 2 different scales so it kinda looks like a 10 ton bobbed truck. The later half came from the atomic artillery transport not sure of the nomenclature. This ting rolls on the floor just like a die cast car that my daughter plays with.
Pics looks worse than it is due to dust settling on it but I used to be on a weathering kick that combined with dust makes it look fuzzy.

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

That is the tractor part of the Atomic Anny , the M249, I suppose, which should be a cab over engine. The cab part looks like a standard 5 to 10 ton Reo hood with gasoline engine with a WWII tractor cab, for example Federal or Diamond with soft top cab. Nice mixture. Who can prove this did not exist? If your father was in the Army by that time, somewere he must have seen something like that. Something new for the literature, my books do not know this combination....
But everything is possibele until somebody can prove the non existence.
Wolf

JB

Thanks wolf. I am sure the two sections are from different scale models (the frame & chassis may have come from a third model) as a result the M35 part looks to be a 10 ton.

Thanks for the imput.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks