• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Dodge gets a new look

DSM

Inspired by all the excellent looking MVs on this site I took the challenge to camo my '92 dodge D350 diesel. I scuffed it with red scotch brite pads and detergent, rinsed and started painting when it was dry with rattle can Rustolem camo paints.
After reading the Behr paint thread I decided to go with the HD Behr base 4300 for the bed. It seems very durable so far after one week.
I am a ham radio operator so, it will get a few more antennas soon to allow almost continuous coverage radio ops from 3.5 mhz-470 mhz.

I don't know if there ever was a "dually" M880 but that was the look I was after. The first drive was approximately 60 miles round trip. During that trip I received two thumbs up three waves and a couple of salutes. I noticed it sure is easy to merge into traffic now.

I am looking into a flat clear coat to protect the paint from UV and solvents. Hopefully it wont change the look. No gloss!!!

It has an onboard air compressor and tank mounted to the frame, I plan on building new bumpers and adding a winch. Paint hasn't adhered to the chrome bumpers very well.

I really enjoy the SS site and hope to find a real MV someday.

Dan

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks