• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first M715

Elwenil

Nice looking truck. Two gas tanks I assume? Interesting using the west coast style mirrors. I have never seen that done on an M715. Consider swapping out the tail lamps for the newer style, they are much more visible and safer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks good!

:beer:

chicklin

The west coast mirrors were on the truck when I got it. I just swapped them out for stock mirrors last night. The truck will be used on the farm and in some timber and the big, non-folding mirrors were a bit fit for that.

I'll probably leave the taillights stock, again b/c it's just going to be used at the farm.

Yes, there's two tanks, except the front one isn't hooked up (yet). The truck is actually an M724 (cab + chassis model) w/winch that was "converted" back to an M715. The winch, front PTO and winch lever are gone, as well as the split bumper. The rear PTO is gone (but the lever is there), but the rear axle disconnect and lever are still there and functional.

I was told the rear gas tank location was stock for the M724, but who knows. I think maybe the stock front gas tank was put in when they (the military, the fire department, who knows) put the M715 bed on it. Maybe it's never been used. I'm going to put a toggle switch for the fuel and sender and use them both.