• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My First Military Truck

Norris2010

It was last Saturday (4/12/09). My family and I (Mom and Step-dad Ken from this site) got up at 6:00 A.M. and drive from Houston, TX and drove up to Boonville, AR. It took use 9 hours to drive up there and get the truck, but when a couple of days before there was a tornado when through a town 100 miles be before Boonville. I though it was going to make it a little more difficult to get through to the truck because of all the down trees and construction going on. It turn out that all the roads where cleared up. That made it a lot easier for the drive back home. We arrived at the house around 4 P.M. After looking at the truck we realized that the truck was in better shape than we thought.. We tried using a come-along to get the truck on the trailer, but we quickly found out that it did not work. . After we got the truck on the trailer we tied it down and got back on the road. It was good drive home. We had no problems. We made some stops to make sure nothing was coming lose or apart. My Step-dad got sleepy so we stopped at a rest area and let him take a nap for a couple of hours. (I did not wont my mom to drive!) I got him up about 1 A.M and started on the road again. We finally got home 7:30 A.M.

Last edited by a moderator:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Come on man, let's see some more pics!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad Ken is getting you broke in. How old are you? Yanno, that thing is going to need a turbo.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness.......

I guess I sold the truck to you too cheap.....LOL :roll:

When your Step dad asked me about the truck, I knew we where getting "new" blood into the MV mind set. Looks like it worked.

Make sure you post many pictures of the before and after.

Glad you had a safe trip.

How was my M715? I bet it will be lonely now......

Warthog

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That had to be the easiest MV road trip i've ever had. No problems whatsoever. I guess Mr Murfey lost the invite for our trip. We took plenty of pics and we will get some on tonight. He has wanted a M37 ever since he saw one and he saved up his own money. So i'm pretty proud of him. His mom thinks i'm rubbing off on him. I can't figure out why?
Once we got it to the museum in houston we got it started pretty easily and we are planning on spending some quaility time with it this weekend. We will post more pics.
Thanks again Warthog! Your M715 still has a M35 there to pal around with. To bad we couldn't meet, I've found that Steel Soldiers are the best people in the world.

Numbers

Out of curiousity what was the gas can hooked up to? I have seen setups similar to that after people have punctured their tanks and had to limp back with a hose and a jerry can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks