• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first MV (Okay so it's only a trailer)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a start.

My Brother and I picked them up yesterday at WPAFB. Dave at the yard was pretty helpful. My trailers were the first two in the line waiting for us ready to go. Everything on both trailers worked although I wonder why the trailer with the cover only has one air line for the brakes.

We slapped some magnetic lights on them (Harbor Freight $15.99) and hauled them home. Mine is on the Dodge 4x4 and it pulled nice even though we didn't change the ring or use the adjustable hook.

Before Gimpyrob gets on me about it....here are the pics.

steve

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: My first MV (Okay so it

Cool! Did either of them have any extra goodies in them? Now all you need is a 10 wheeled peice of iron or two to pull them. :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Don't feel bad swbradley, my first MV was a trailer too. A M-416 variety, though. Congrats on your new green iron!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Looks good. The single air line is just an older design. It doesn't use a relay valve and subsequently doesn't have breakaway braking capabilities.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

No extra goodies but it was cool to read why they sold them off. They came back from Kuwait and needed painting. The estimates are in the red bag on the side. It was was going to cost $2,300 to prep and paint and the trailers value was estimated at $2,100. So sell them off.

One has new landing gear and cover and the other has new side racks and is the newer model.

I told the wife I need something bigger to pull them with. :)

While I like my Hemi I was thinking something in oh say OD green.

steve

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for the info on the brake line. They both have new air lines on them as well but didn't know why only one on the older trailer.

steve

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hey! It's green! It's military! It's cool!

Not to be exclusive, but we Ohioans are going to have to put something together. Soon! We're lookin' good! (Well, not in person, but MV-wise!)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

oifvet - check out the Haspin rally in June. It's just over the border in Indiana, a great event!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

So I hear!

My truck is going to be in Indiana at the paint-shop until late Summer(???). I might have to borrow something or buy something. 8)

It's either that, or I'll have to bunk next to kipman or Oldgrunt! :shock:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Bill, I have been looking for a way to get my wrecker to Haspin. Maybe you could help out?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now kipman and oifvet have me convinced I need to see Roger to get me a bigger green toy.

As soon as I get one of my houses sold and the taxes done...........

My wife must be getting tired of listening to me since she let me park them IN FRONT of the house instead of over the hill and down in the creek. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks