• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first post and my first MV

BiggDaddy

THANKS for adding me!! Picked up this rig a week ago. 1990 M925A2. Overhauled in 2010. Had 70Hrs and 1395mi. Came with issued items that I know of still new in tool boxes, plus all bows and canvas bed cover. Also got the M105 trailer with top and bows. It made the 100 mile trip home but have a few bugs I need to work out with the air system and/or CTIS system.
IMG_7554 (1).jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Picked up this rig a week ago. 1990 M925A2. Overhauled in 2010. Had 70Hrs and 1395mi. Came with issued items that I know of still new in tool boxes, plus all bows and canvas bed cover. Also got the M105 trailer with top and bows. It made the 100 mile trip home but have a few bugs I need to work out with the air system and/or CTIS system.
View attachment 894115
Welcome to the Outfit!

First place to start troubleshooting would be to crank the truck, let it build air - then listen from under the truck. If you happen to have a shop air compressor, attaching a glad hand and air line to the front driver's side will air up the truck with no noise. If you don't hear air leaking then you need to break out a spray bottle of soapy water. The CTIS hoses (possibly behind the "hub caps") need to be sprayed. All those hoses under the truck may need your attention too...

The TM's for 939 Series trucks are here for downloading:

Lots of reading and looking with lots of troubleshooting flowcharts are hidden in these books.

BiggDaddy

Welcome to the Outfit!

First place to start troubleshooting would be to crank the truck, let it build air - then listen from under the truck. If you happen to have a shop air compressor, attaching a glad hand and air line to the front driver's side will air up the truck with no noise. If you don't hear air leaking then you need to break out a spray bottle of soapy water. The CTIS hoses (possibly behind the "hub caps") need to be sprayed. All those hoses under the truck may need your attention too...

The TM's for 939 Series trucks are here for downloading:

Lots of reading and looking with lots of troubleshooting flowcharts are hidden in these books.
Thanks!

First thing it was doing is not building air at idle. was only getting 50psi at the compressor. Pulled the head and resurfaced it at work, cleaned up the unloader, lubed the soft parts and made some new gaskets. Works great now!
My next problem is all my tires aired down to about 20psi while driving. I posted about it in the 5 ton section.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks!

First thing it was doing is not building air at idle. was only getting 50psi at the compressor. Pulled the head and resurfaced it at work, cleaned up the unloader, lubed the soft parts and made some new gaskets. Works great now!
My next problem is all my tires aired down to about 20psi while driving. I posted about it in the 5 ton section.
One small thing... You had your lights on - Right? The light switch seems to be tied to CTIS and that is how that system is energized. You might want to look at the Spicer troubleshooting guide or the military CTIS diagnostics are in TM9-2320-272-23-1

BiggDaddy

One small thing... You had your lights on - Right? The light switch seems to be tied to CTIS and that is how that system is energized. You might want to look at the Spicer troubleshooting guide or the military CTIS diagnostics are in TM9-2320-272-23-1
I did have the lights on, I figured out the hard way that there are no brake lights or blinkers without the switch on stop lights or headlights. I did not know the CTIS was tied to it. 10-4 on the troubleshooting guide. I will be reading up on it. Thanks

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure a nice looking truck! When I saw it the very first thing I thought about was the CTIS and what a PIA they can be, then read your post and was not surprised in any way! Take your time on it and be thorough in troubleshooting then when you get tired of all the messing around there is a CTIS delete kit that you can buy and troubles are over!
Fine looking truck though!

BiggDaddy

Sure a nice looking truck! When I saw it the very first thing I thought about was the CTIS and what a PIA they can be, then read your post and was not surprised in any way! Take your time on it and be thorough in troubleshooting then when you get tired of all the messing around there is a CTIS delete kit that you can buy and troubles are over!
Fine looking truck though!
Thanks! Update on CTIS issue in the 5 ton and up section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks