• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my long awaited M37

Hightower

So i have just recieved my first M37 and need help to find out its history.I've been told that it was shipped from Vietnam to the armory in Texas where it slept for twenty years.when purchased it was the last M37 there and the owner had it for a bit whena friend of mine purchased it off Ebay.My friend has the shipping papers but they are lost at this time.
I started by removing all parts and misc. items from cab and began hosing the inside out.I was having trouble getting all the debris from around the battery box so i removed it for the ease of cleaning.what i found was a 10 rd stripper clip of m1 carbine shells,and i believe m1 garand tracer rd along with some paper shotgun shell casings no.8's.
Well this began the hunt for this trucks story and using advice from this site i grabbed some sand paper and started to get through paint applied by previous owner. i began with matching serial numbers from glovebox and frame and so far so good they match! I went sanding all around rear bumpers, doors, hood,tailgate,dash,and so on. A lot of markings seem to have been redone along with different paint colors.
Long story I know but im trying to be as descriptive as possible,so here are numbers ive found:

serial# 80255153
ORD. stock # G27418358322
Command plate serial# G27418358321
Fenders: TP-40
Rear bumpers: 4A 2616 on left side/right side:DON 83 or 88 not sure
passenger side front bumper:eek:nly numbers are last four 261-9

This is all that i could read off of the whole truck please help im so in love with this truck and its story that I need to know!
Thanks for your time whoever can help:-D

Hightower

Well after looking at DON markings on bumper I've decided that they are in fact CON/83I've found a military markings manual and I believe what I'm seeing is 4th army 261 6

Construction vehical 83? Please help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks