• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M1009 and faux M1007

Elnaucity123

A couple of years ago my father found and bought a 1985/86 M1009 that was still wired for 24 volts, and had a stereo and sound system put in and I thought it would be cool to borrow it and take it to the post (I'm active duty) and show it off to the guys. A week became 3 months, and I eventually bought/traded it from my father. A few issues (mainly the starter and harmonic balancer) and repairs later she has not given me any problems since. I recently decided I needed a backup vehicle just in case the M1009 starts having issues again, so I bought a 1991 Suburban V1500 with a brand new crate 350 and a transmission (6.2/6.5 diesel ones are way too expensive/rusted). After sanding, priming, repainting, and mods I made it look similar to my M1009. The M1007 is not completely finished, but she is getting there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks