• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 project

DiamondDave

This is the list of things I'll be working on:

1. Replace inside fuse box
2. Replace/fix passenger front hub/ alignment issue. There is a horrible noise from over that way when going about 45mph
3. Replace alternator belts. The batts won't charge unless I bump the throttle at idle a bit.
4. Go through and fix the minor rust spots
5. Strip interior paint and rhino line floors.
6. I'm thinking of repainting interior and exterior with CARC but I'd like to know if I can chose a different pigment for it.

I'd love some input on how I should do all this.

Attachments

Skinny

1) remove all that fugly stuff

2) one step at a time

When you take something apart be sure to go through whatever you are touching. Like when you pull a hub off. Wouldn't hurt to replace the ujoints, pack the bearings, replace the ball joints, etc.

Replace every thing that is related to maintenance.

Don't worry about your charging issue, they all suffer at low speed. Check your idle speed and maybe bump it up slightly. You can get an app on your phone to figure out rpm. Think it's supposed to be like 800 or 850ish.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the list of things I'll be working on:

1. Replace inside fuse box
2. Replace/fix passenger front hub/ alignment issue. There is a horrible noise from over that way when going about 45mph
3. Replace alternator belts. The batts won't charge unless I bump the throttle at idle a bit.
4. Go through and fix the minor rust spots
5. Strip interior paint and rhino line floors.
6. I'm thinking of repainting interior and exterior with CARC but I'd like to know if I can chose a different pigment for it.

I'd love some input on how I should do all this.
Do you have a harness to replace the fuse box with or are you wiring one in? The hub is simple stuff...tons of info out there on that axle to fix it up easy...just watch out for cheap parts...if it does need bearings look for the timkin brand...run from the china ones...ball joints is a crap shoot if you can find anything nice. Replacing the belts might help but the alternators might need a rebuild...I did 4 of mine that did the same thing now they don't have the charge light on at all once they start...don't replace them, rebuild them. Rust I know well on these but hopefully it's not that bad...most of the big stuff you can get pretty cheap but there may be a bunch that you'd have to make if it's bad. As far as paint you can do any color you'd like but if you mean a different carc color like the tan that's up to you really. Have fun with it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks