• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M882

Bbakken

Hello, I'm fairly new here and bought an old M882 a few weeks ago. It's a great running truck with all original parts except the power steering and the winch controls. It was owned by the Fire Department a year before I got it and by a collector after the Fire Department. I haven't had any electrical problems but I am aware of what could happen after reading other forums. Right now my problem is the tires (9.5R16.5). I had it into the shop to rebuild the Carter BBD, replace a bunch of the hoses, and a routine checkup. The shop rubbed the sidewall out on the tire on the lift and it popped. Having trouble finding off-road tires that size. It currently has off road tires except for the spare. I don't want to buy highway tires or change out the rims. It is an option to change out the rims though. But to save money does anybody know anyone who sells this tire size for off road tires? Any help would be appreciated. Also I will have more pics to come!!! :-D

m880 unimog

yup second hand hummer tires on mine too - i had two old tires blow out while the M890 was parked up for a few months in the street , lots of folk came out thought it was gunfire !
:whistle::whistle:

MatthewH

37" HMMWV tires on mine, took a bit of fender trimming, and a p/s conversion, but they are on there.

Most large tire shops don't/won't mess with the 16.5 tires anymore. To find them, you'll have to internet search, or if you have a local tire you have a good relationship with, they can get them for you. They are still made, just takes a bit of searching to find them. Also, a farm store or CO-OP should be able to get them. I know around here, the local CO-OP had better luck and better selection than the local tire shop I deal with all the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks