• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My MUTT Memorial.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in the summer I put this flagpole and mutt display in my yard. The vehicle itself is an early plain M151. I deemed it not economically restorable and thought this was a good use for it . I finally got around to wiring the head lights on the MUTT this week so they come on at dusk. All the lights are on photo cells and run from dawn to dusk.

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In order to illuminate the head lights I cut holes in the buckets and the back of the headlights and inserted a standard outdoor light socket with bulb. Wired it all to out door use cable and installed a photos cell sensor in the line. The photo cell turns the light on at dusk and off at dawn.

The cable is buried inside conduit and simply plugs into and outdoor receptacle I ran this past summer that's hidden behind the stuff around the bottom of the flag pole.

The flag pole lights work pretty much the same way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks