• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new bolster trailer pics.

TheBuggyman

All, here are a few pics for your enjoyment of my new bolster trailer picked up from GL last week. No time wasted putting it to work! 8)

Attachments

NEIOWA

pa.rich said:
What were they used for? I see a beam that swings out on a hinge- can you explain ?
Great trailers. Intended for hauling poles (electric, commo, pilings) or pipe. MANY were, or are, used as fuel trailers with a 600gal pod.

In mid 80s I had a Inf Bn Support Plt. The TPUs (3ea M923A1) had 2x diesel pods ea and towed a bolster trailer with a pod of mogas (for the gensets and kitchen burners).

alphadeltaromeo

I love the pics of the new trailer and your very beefy 813, but I will say this: I LOVE the pics of the land and the area...quite fantastic greenery as well! Seeing an MV on a great spread of land is awesome.

TheBuggyman

jh1990 said:
nice find Buggyman, does the trailer extend?
Yeah, it sure does. There are several (about four) points at which you can drop the pin in to select your length. I believe the the full extension gives about an extra 45" to 50".

In the pics those culvert pipes are 20 feet long.

I have another one of these trailers that has no working wiring or air lines for the brakes. I am currently setting it up with a 1,000 gallon water tank and a pump for fertilizing the lawn! I'll pull that with the tractor. Stay tuned for that one.

jeli

We had them in our Engineer company. We hauled just about everything on them. We had a wooden hooch built on ours. Poor man's RV but it sure worked good in bad weather.

In pic 643 you see the short clamps that slide on the I beams. The longer bars in pic 640 can be added to make tall uprights for logs or poles. We used the short ones a lot but never the tall ones.

jh1990

TheBuggyman said:
I have another one of these trailers that has no working wiring or air lines for the brakes. I am currently setting it up with a 1,000 gallon water tank and a pump for fertilizing the lawn! I'll pull that with the tractor. Stay tuned for that one.
Sounds like a fun project, good luck.

Armada

Very nice score Buggyman. That is a heavy duty trailer! Love seeing the mv stuff at work.
I had an extra m109 box at one time and came soooo close to getting one of those bolster trailers to put it on. Selfridge had a bunch for auction at one time. I thought it would have made the greatest tool trailer/ camper/ enclosed trailer. Unfotunately, I would have had no place to park it.
Thanks for the pics.

OSO

I like the the ball valves installed before the glad hands . Nice way of shutting down the air at that point! [thumbzup]