• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY NEW CUCV M1008

JINNTEK

HI EVERYBODY
I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CUCV IT'S AN M1008
I WANT TO RESTORE IT (AND UPGRADE A FEW THINGS) AND I NEED YOUR HELP.
I WANT TO PUT THE BIGGEST TIRES I CAN ON IT WITHOUT HAVING TO LIFT IT.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE TIRE I SHOULD GO WITH.
IT HAS 31" TIRES ON IT NOW AND THEY LOOK LOST. IT STANDS 21 1/2" FROM
GROUND TO ROCKER PANEL. ALLSO WHAT IS THE BEST KIND OF BATTERYS TO
PUT IN IT. I WILL BE RUNING AN INVERTER PROBABLY 2000 WATT AND A FEW
OFF ROAD LIGHTS AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE ENOUGH POWER. I LIVE IN
MA. AND IT CAN GET COLD IN THE WINTER
ANY INFO WILL HELP THANKS LOU

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Welcome aboard.

First off:

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING AND ALSO VERY HARD TO READ!

So please use the Caps Lock key.

Do a search for batteries and you'll turn up several threads where folks have discussed this and list sources for military and civilian batteries that work well.

As far as the tires go you can fit 33" tires fairly easily but it'll still be very low geared. Narrow 35's can be fit on stockish rims with minor rubbing or trimming. With a bit more trimming, but still not much, you can fit 36's easily and with a bit more you can fit a narrow 38. I have 1" of front lift and some trimming and have 38x11R16's on stockish rims. To tame the 4.56 gears you really need at least a true 36" tall tire.

ultim8gamr

ANY INFO WILL HELP THANKS LOU
Press the little button on the left side of your keybard above the shift button once more, the one that says Caps Lock. now type with lower case letters.

do you want to avoid lift and fender trimming of just the lift? Some of the guys here like to run the 37" hummers but that will require fender trimming. I know of people running 33" tires with stock springs and no problems and no trimming.
You are aware that the truck has betteries in Series, 24v, so I would recommend to just switch the truck to 12v and run your lights/etc off both batts.
just my 2cents

welcome to SS
the guys here have a ton of great knowledge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks