• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new removable hitch..

tm america

After getting stuck several times due to my fixed hitch hanging to low i wanted to make it removable but still be able to pull 10000lbs safely.So this what i came up with.It is 2.5x2.5id 1/4wall tube for for the reciever-up tube and 2x2id 1/4wall tube that runs side to side.The pieces that run up to the pintle are 5/8 x3 flat stock formed into an i beam .The plates on the sides where it goes to the frame are3/4x3 flat stock .All i have to do to remove it is remove the two grade 8 7/8ths bolts that thread into the nuts that are attached to the frame.It is guesseted with 1/4 inch place where the reciever tube attaches to the cross peice..It weighs around 80lbs and can be removed in about 5 minutes

Attachments

Kohburn

nice and simple - the only thing I really want to do differently is avoid using bolts - I want to use hitch pins or other rated pins to make removal a 30 second task with no tools.

tm america

Ya pins were in the original plan i just got backed up and wanted to actually get it on the truck..i'm gonna make brackets to use pins when the weather gets nice and i get all the other projects done...i already got the tube to make the pin brackets just need to do it:roll:if anyone else wants one let me know i can make em pretty cheap ..i can do them with a 2x2 or 2.5x2.5 reciever or both

tm america

i can build and sell em for 150-175 .I will get an idea on shipping not sure if they would go ups or fed ex .I think they would just the size is the question

Kohburn

if you do it so it uses pins then I am in for one with a 2" reciever. (dual reciever might be nice)

Kansas923

Think your set up would hold up with the weight of a skid steer and tree saw.Wanting to fab something stout enough or purchase one of the Curt draw bars. Any input would be helpful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks