• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY new to me M109A3 just got home

jasonjc

I got a great GL deal on this one no seat back or bottom :( But the power streering more than makes up for it :D :D :D :D :D Jumped it and backed it right off the trailer and drove the 1/2 mile home. Good breaks, all lights work, all tries holding air :D. Maybe I sould have driven it home :?

And yes here are the pics

Attachments

jasonjc

The power streering is an add on at the unit I think. And I'd bet that more privtly owened truck have it than military. This is the frist on I've seen. And It is real real nice :D :D

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
AP Bloom, who is on SS sells, or at least sold, these power steering kits. I understand that the manufacturer has discontinued them, and they, and their parts, are likely to become hot items.

Congrats on the new ride Jason.

DD

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice, Jason. Congratulations.

:beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score Jason! Air Assist steering is sweet!

jasonjc

Yep got it from FT Riley. But its a 39ID truck A shipping sticker on say Kuait to Ft Carson. But does not have a date thought. Got it in the sale before last at FT Riley. This last sale they went for more than the one befor last.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very lucky to get this one

That is so cool bet that truck will outlast most of us. The real shame is that more of the duece family of trucks did not make it back from Kuwait during OIF. Look at this picture two weeks later they were all cut up for scrap metal in Kuwait. I cried.

Yours very well may have come from Desert Storm or very early in the OIF fight. Up on the FOB's in Iraq they still run the dueces for on FOB hauling since non of them got any add on armor they are doomed to be cut up or given to the Iraqi's.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Re: Very lucky to get this one

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
...since non of them got any add on armor they are doomed to be cut up or given to the Iraqi's.
which is worse?

by the way, Nice M109... that's a good lookin deuce!

jasonjc

RE: Re: Very lucky to get this one

I just need 3 lens for the rear dome lights, the bigger ones. If you have any.
Thanks
This makes 2 M109's for me :) . Just need a place to put all the stuff in the frist box so I can put it back on the truck. It's become a store sed :cry: :cry:

KaiserM109

RE: Re: Very lucky to get this one

Good to see the pic's. I compared one of your pics with the one of mine in the yard and, sure enough, yours was parked next to mine. From what you found on yours, I'm stoked!!

The day the auction was closing, I started my bidding from my computer at work. Then when there was 90 minutes left, our network went down and would not be up for 2 hours. I raced home, a 30 minute drive in 20 minutes and got back on line.

When I’m looking for parts I will keep you in mind. From one of the pictures, I am probably missing some of the light lenses, too.

From what I can see of them, the markings on the trucks are the same, so I believe they came from the same unit. From what ARMYMAN30YearsPlus says, my truck and probably yours was inspected in early ’05 and they probably haven’t been driven since, except to be moved around.

We’ll have to try to get together some day. See my posting: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=13923.

A. Whit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks