• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New to Me WC63 Comming Home.......

tankdriver

Well went to pick up my New to me WC63 today. My buddy owns a semi and lowboy, so here are my photos of us picking it up, and getting it to his house........ :D

Serial number is 2011814

DSC04197.jpg

Loading up.....

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04176.jpg

This is my buddy, Bobby, and his semi, and low boy at his house......

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

I'll get it unloaded tomorrow.

Last edited:

tankdriver

Yep, 5 of them....

Kinda hate to replace it, but I want to put it on the road, so new glass must be installed. I think I'll have it framed to show when I display the truck, and put those bullet hole decals on the new glass in the same locations.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking WC. So what's the story of the bullet holes? The rest of the truck looks great so I assume it wasn't a derelict hulk out in a field serving as a target for bubba, and I just can't picture a WC63 rolling through the bad part of town catching some stray rounds.

tankdriver

Do not know the full story. A guy on G503 says he thinks it is a Norwegian import. At has a vintage head bolt block heater on a gas engine, so that fits. Owner I got it from, says he got it from a guy in Kanas. so not sure of the full past on it.

Last edited:

61sleepercab

Your driver delivered the truck to the wrong address........ should have come to West Virginia HA HA. Our VFD had a M37 for years with winch which was as handy as pockets in bib overalls. Only problem you had to start toward the fire before it started to get there after the fire was put out. My friend has a M37 that I can repower for him with a Dodge engine I had saved for years. Good luck with your fine vehicle. I would take it through a drive through with a full crew on board to see the staff's faces. Near midnight we were recovering My M925A2 pulling a 20kw generator M105 trailer and went to McDonald's and the lobby door was open. We were told that the lobby was closed and we would have to order through the drive threw ...... My buddy pointed out the picture window and asked ..... DO YOU WANT US TO GO THROUGH THE DRIVE THREW WITH THAT WE WILL! The manager's eyes got big and then opened a register to take our order, we tried not to laugh until later. Happy motoring. Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks