• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new trailers M101A2 and M116A2E

yellowrubicon

Just picked them up today. To my suprise, the M116 had the heavy duty leaf spring kit installed so its a 1 ton trailer instead of a 3/4 ton.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

yellowrubicon

The sixth picture I posted has the info to look for. Its a bit faded but it says "modified with heavy spring kit 57K0912". Plus, I think there are one or two extra leafs in the leaf spring pack. I would have to compare my two to answer that correctly. I think the data plate for empty and gross trailer weights should also be an indication.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's up with the slow moving vehicle triangle? I drag mine along at 80 with nary a problem. Looks good. How did the wiring thing go?

yellowrubicon

Well, I used the slow moving vehicle sign and the emergency lights to keep from being pulled over by the VA police. VA requires trailers to be titled/tagged and I didn't have tags for it. I don't know if that would have gotten me out of a ticket, but I was going to give it a shot. And, no, I was running 55-60 MPH no problems. I have not checked the surge brakes yet so hauling-a$$ was not something I wanted to do until I have more time to check things out. The wiring harness worked great. It did NOT work until I grounded the white wire to the trailer though. After the first trailer pickup, I added a round eye connector to the white wire and used one of the junction box ground screws to ground it to the trailer. I'll try to get a picture of the junction box set up this afternoon.

dogtags

After the first trailer pickup, I added a round eye connector to the white wire and used one of the junction box ground screws to ground it to the trailer. I'll try to get a picture of the junction box set up this afternoon.
Did you get a chance to take a photo of the junction box set up yet.

It looks like I may have 4 M101A3's to pick up soon.

~Robert