• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My tool trailer conversion for business use

Blythewoodjoe

I was about to highjack Bill's thread but that didn't seem right. Over the past few months I have modified my tool trailer by putting a mobile home axle under it and a ball receiver on the tongue (that sounds so dirty). Painted it too, white and black. I am using it to demonstrate my new plastic fitting I am having manufactured. It's a sewer shot off fitting if any of you guys know much about the sewer business. It's a real good chance I will pull this behind my truck to Aberdeen with the hopes of meeting some sewer owners up north to show them my fitting. Can you say tax right off. No, really any trip I make any more will be an opportunity to demo my fitting so it really will be a business trip. Also note the LED's on the tail. I also parked it between BOB and the 5 ton for the photo shoot :lol:

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: My tool trailer conversion for business use

Stan said:
So what is a" sewer shot off fitting" ? Does it allow you to make your own tee fitting?
The fitting I am selling is compatible with an Elder ® valve. They are installed in the service line and if people don’t pay their bill the sewer operator runs a plug down in the “T” and restricts the flow of sewage. It’s a dirty thing to do but not paying the bill is kind of dirty too. My fitting is easier to maintain and one third the cost of the competitors. I hope to have the website up and running by the end of the week with all the info on it at www.trapstop.com . This is a real departure of the usual for me in the fact that I am a handy man and not a manufacturer/salesman/business manager. The next year should prove to be a wild ride.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: My tool trailer conversion for business use

Funny because I thought you had a fitting I might need my daughters home in Baltimore took me many hours to get the sewer straight after years of poor grade in the line all kinds of crap (literally) built up and it ran terribly slow. I snaked it with a two types of power snake and finally got the thing going by using one of those rubber hose attachments that seal the line and then force line pressure down the pipe. It was flowing out of the front yard vent before it let go with a mighty flush and now it works much better. Our Pioneer trailer was converted to LED lights too but only because I gave it to Christian to haul behind his TJ.

Nice job on it and hope you have great success in your sales.

rmgill

RE: Re: RE: My tool trailer conversion for business use

Wouldn't forcing a sewage backup be a sanitation hazard that the public health folks would specifically prohibit?

BSH

That's a nice looking trailer setup. Where does one find mobile home axles? (aside from underneath mobile homes, obviously) And how did you mount that ball receiver up there?
Cheers,

B

Blythewoodjoe

In theory stopping up someone's sewer line would be a violation of the health code but no one seems to be able to do anything to stop it from happening. Probably one of those deals where the health department doesn't want to get involved. After all, if the person will pay the money they owe the service will be restored. Regardless, the other guy has made a killing selling his stuff for the last 21 years and it's time he gets some competition.

As for a name, it's quite difficult to come up with a name for a product. The word trap is common in the plumbing industy and a stop is a valve. Since I am competing with a guy named Elder selling what he calls a valve (hence "Elder Valve") trap and stop seems to work well. People may not even realize the inventor is named "Trapp". At least I hope not.

You can buy mobile home like axles at most places that sell axle. Here in SC we have lots of mobile homes and that is where most of us find the axles. As for me, my family has a bunch in the woods. Don't now why. I found one that is clearly a store bought axle with nice multi-leaf springs on it on the property I now live on. Probably 20 years old. As for the hitch, I bolted two pieces of flat bar over the bolts that hold the cast piece in between the two runners and bent them in just the right spot to weld a piece of tubbing between them. I re-inforced it with a piece of plate welded to a 3/4" bolt. Let me see if I have a better picture.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice. :beer:

Guess we'll all get to see it at your cookout next March!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks