• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My toys

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NICE! :drool: How long ago did you purchase these?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M151 was purchased in 2003 and the T114 was purchased last summer (really haven't had much time to work on the 114 over the past year, going to pull final drive this weekend or next)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the tag on the 114, where it lists the fighting weight! (in this corner...)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am stationed at Fort Benning, Ga.
There are some MV collectors around here and one of them has a similar tracked vehicle.
It is parked at a local tow company with the owners MV's.
If you want to compare notes, PM me and I'll send you contact info for the group.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I like that T114. Looks like it needs a resto, but not a junker, by far. Plan on putting a gun mount back on it? Post some pics of the inside.

Where did you find this one for sale?

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The interior is actually alot better than the vast majority I've seen. I'm pulling the thing apart, blasting and then repainting. This one is going to be avery very easy resto.
Jason

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for the gun mount for it, so if you know of any, please inform. Thanks
Jason

This one came out of Wa State about a year ago.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a 20mm gun mount at the below website for $3,500. Needs resto as well, but where else you gonna find one? I'm not sure the early M114s and T114s had the 20mm gun mount, most of the early ones had .50 cals only. But what the heck.

http://www.armyjeeps.net

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the one I have is a fairly early one so it did not have the 20mm mount. I'm going to put mine back as it came since there are very few mods done to the interior and it still has a rather large number of the original early features. Also, when the A1s were mod into A1E1s or A2s, they went though fairly extensive interior modifications for all the ammo. I thought about it, but since this one did have the majority of the early features still intact, I decided to leave it that way.
Jason

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a ring mount and the .50 cal cradle, talk to Austin Weber in TX. He's on eBay (sells under the name beltfed34 ). He's got lots of gun mounts and he's a great guy, saves a lot of green iron from the scrap piles at the GL auctions.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 50 cal mount that goes on this vehicle is sorta like an M113 mount but smaller and bolts directly to the front of the cupula, I'll find a picture of it and post it in a little while. I've actually got a new ring mount with cradle and about 7 orignal NOS M48 dash mounts with all the yokes, ammo can holder and othe racces.

Jason

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm.. I'd prefer to play with the APC, but prefer to pay the bill for the m151.. dilemnas.. Very nice set of toys! i am envious, but I wont covet my neighbor's goods.. must.. not... covet!! I really need to borrow an APC around here, all the dang crackheads and creepycrawlers.. Even if I did nothing but sit in it idling near a certain residential intersection..

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, the one vehicle i would sell just about my entire collection to get would be an original M132 with all the equipment. The 132 would be the best clean out your neighborhood toy, flame cleans all.

Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks