• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my truck

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jcd-m34,
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. That a really nice looking truck. I particularly like the headlights. What causes the yellow tint? Is that for Spanish highway driving?

Again, welcome to Steel Soldiers. Where in Spain are you? North, south, east or west?

jim

jcd-m34

Thanks Jim.

Somebody tell me the yellow lights were very common in germany`s american vehicles.Sorry my English is very bad,I hope you can understand me.
I live in Canary Islands,near Sahara.My truck is one of the last american trucks in the Spanish army.Now all are in the cementery trucks.I am restore it at this moment.I hope finish it this year.
Thanks

Jose

Reo m34 6x6
Willys Mb S/N 242802 1943

Attachments

houdel

Nice looking truck. Love the super singles too!

Jim - From what I have read, amber headlamp lenses are fairly common in Europe.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although not the best pic, I lucked into a set of the amber headlights a while back. Here they are on my M275A2 parked behind the M108A2. That M34 is sure a sweet truck, welcome to Steel Soldiers.

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jose,
Your English is much better than my SPANISH. Love the look of your truck. We LOVE lots of pix. Feel free to give us the grand tour of your truck.

And don't forget to ask for help. Though you are far away, you are still a member of the family. You know, the Big Green Iron family.

jim

PS - I do know where the Canary Islands are. Must be a nice place to live when there are no tourists and the rest of the year too.

M35A2

Welcome to the forum. I am pretty new on here also, and have been made to feel very welcome by all the guys. It's a great site. Full of info, and there is always someone who has the answer to a question.

For the US guys, the country that used the Amber headlight's the most was France. If you went to France 15 years ago, almost every vehicle had Amber headlights. But now, they have more or less been fazed out. Nearly all vehicles now have normal white lights.

Thank god us English never had them. They are terrible lights. Very hard to see where you are going at night.

The truck is very cool. Looks like you have an excellent storage facility. Give the truck a coat of paint and it will look like new. What engine does it have?

jcd-m34

Thank you everybody for you great welcome.

My truck arrived to Spain in the 60`s from USA.In the 60`s the truck was original engine,transmission and breaks system.
In 80`s the spanish army transform all m34 and m35.The engine was change for Barreiros engine,Spanish diesel engine.The transmission was change for Barreiros transmission,4+R.
The breaks sytem was change.Now it is three break master pumps.One for each axel.
The stering is now hydraulic,thank you god!.
The cabin panel is different.The speedometer is in Km/h,etc.All the dash plate are misssing,very hard find it for m34.
But now after a long time I just found a OA331 and transmission .In a few month it will be a 90% original.
In a few day I wil do some pictures.

Thank you again for the green family.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks