• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My wish list!!!!!!!!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ooooo-la-laaaaa!

I drove air-conditionless M915-A1s in Iraq. I carried a meat thermometer on my vest. I took a picture of it one day. The air temperature inside the cab one day in June was 149 degrees.

I did get to run a few missions in the A2 (Freightliner) that had A/C. It wasn't much, but it was something. It made all the difference in the world!

We kept our windows down with weapons out, but that little bit of cool air made you think life was worth living. Granted, we cranked the windows up on the dirt roads where you were just following the shadow of the truck in front of you. There was no way you could see ahead, and the dust would fill your cab in seconds.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice toys. That hydrant in pic 488 is supposed to have guard posts protecting it. I wonder how many times it's been hit.

pevrs114

I drove an M1114 in Iraq and it could barely get out of it's own way. It certainly couldn't stop itself without using the parking brake.

Nice vehicles in that collection... I'd love to have an M113 APC.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want a HEMMT. I saw one in Missouri going down the road with a crate in the bed, did not look like a uniform driving it. Anyone know anything about that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks