• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Air Leak behind cab of M35A3

Mark3395

Have been researching the manuals but haven't yet found info regarding a couple of small plastic lines coming downward from the back of the cab. One is venting huge amounts of air and the loss prevents the brakes from working. Have verified that the air tanks are fine.

Am continuing to search the manuals but surely could use a bit of info here.

Thanks much.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My A2 was leaking air from the vent line. Enough so that it wouldn't build pressure above 60 psi. I'm not very familiar with the A3s, but in my case it meant time to rebuild the air pack. The seals inside had hardened and vented too much. I believe the A3s have two air packs. Be worth tracing the leaking line back to its source. Good luck!

Mark3395

Thanks for the note. I've dug into the manuals and found diagrams of the brake system. Find no troubleshooting logic yet or anything telling how the system works. Still looking.

Amazing that the little tube completely vents all the air pressure to the brake system. It's only about 1/4 inch diameter but blows like crazy. Haven't had time to follow it but the diagrams from the manual will guide us. Problem is that I need to drop the truck down a slight slope using handbrakes to get the truck out of the way for now.

And the leak allows no pressure buildup at all in the brake system,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks