• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery holes in A2 fenders

signsup

Looked at a friends 73 Ax today and pretty original, not a lot of Bubba mods. Missing lift rings and brackets on front, felt like holes in the rear for snorter and antenna mount. But, on each front fender, five hholes in same pattern on both front fenders about half way from cowl to grill. Blackout drive light and guard was present on drivers side. Thought snorkle, but a lot of holes and same pattern on both side. I have asked him to send a pic, but just curious what these might be used for? MP lights? IR lights? Two large holes in each rear tub corner that I am presuming is ROPS that is not attached. Has MG mount on riser bettween seats. Don't know if the fender holes would be fast attack vehicle related.
Any guesses are as good as mine. I'll post pic when I get them
Thanks in advance.

signsup

This is all I can think of.
So, if we are thinking fire extinquisher bracket and the holes match each other on each fender, this would be a bracket on each fender. Any reason for two extinquishers out on the fenders? Maybe one a decontaiminator and one a fire ext? Two decontaminators? Don' know if I have a bracket laying around to match holes. But, as good a guess as any.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, if we are thinking fire extinquisher bracket and the holes match each other on each fender, this would be a bracket on each fender. Any reason for two extinquishers out on the fenders? Maybe one a decontaiminator and one a fire ext? Two decontaminators? Don' know if I have a bracket laying around to match holes. But, as good a guess as any.
The chemical decontamination kit had the same hole pattern as the fire extinguisher. Possible one on each fender.
The portable decontamination kit holders have the same bolt pattern as the fire extinguishers... maybe one of each on each fender?

Screenshot_20240314_102916_Chrome.jpg

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The holes on the side just behind the soft door bead retainer are from the hard top kit-- I have one on my A2. Do you have similar holes along the top edge of the w/s frame? Or along the back edge of the rear body?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks