• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mystery Solved/ Origin of the odd deuce hub!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been doing a little research into the origin of the odd looking front hub that seems to be exclusively on water purification deuces. At first I thought that it might be for tie down purposes but the more I thought about it, the less sense it made. I've searced every deuce parts manual I have looking for any sign of the hub but yielded negative results. The other day I came across a parts manual for water purification equipment/ truck mounted. I went through the manual and viola! The exploded diagram was there and it's part of a lifting kit. Apparently the purification units are so heavy that the risk of bending a frame exists if lifting by the lift shackles. Way cool! Check out the pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've got the hubs. Now if I can just find a purification van to put them on!

Elwenil

I kind of thought it might be something like that. The M-715 uses a bracket on it's hubs for the same reason. You take the pins out of the shackles on the front and rear, and then put them on the hub brackets for overhead lifting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks