• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Name this Part 1951 M37

jedawson1

After 7 years and 2 additions to my family, I have finally got around to reassembling my truck. I have this Part (pics attached) and for the lift of me can't identify it.

I am submitting myself to the brutality of the internet, fire away.

She is really dusty, but all the body parts have been blasted, epoxy primed and painted. Once I get her running I'll drive her up to the house for a well deserved washing.

20200522_130311.jpg20200522_130346.jpg20200522_130351.jpg20200522_130653.jpg

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished reinstalling the one in my truck. It had a couple funky wiring doohickeys installed. No idea what they’re for so they got removed. I’m doing a complete rewire so now’s the time to make things right.

Last edited:

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That’s going to be a fine looking truck when it gets a bath! Thanks for sticking with it and bringing it back to life. The world will never have too many M37’s. (y)

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more part I need help identifying, by the way I was able to get it running after it sat for many years. Took it to the neighbors house for a few beers.

See attached pic of the part I need identified and the truck at my neighbors house.
Looks like it might be a wheel well panel. Either the left or right side, I’m not sure.
Truck looks nice!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
engine shields that attach to the frame , most are removed for service and never put back on . very nice restoration ,

M-37Bruce

It looks like the panel that is underneath the mechanical fuel pump, and it attaches to the inner fender well, I think they are removed for service and seldom re-installed, as said earlier?
I've got one sitting around as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks