• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NATO Slave Adapter on Ebay

JohnnyReb

Thanks for the info and pics. So if I have the adapter, can I simply put jumper cable type ends on the wire? How can I tell positive from negative (without the obvious experimentation).

readyman

Naw, it's just that... an adapter.
It has a center conductor connector on the other side for polarity safety. This idiot proof center conductor is on both ends of the slave cable. I suppose you could lop off the other end and put jumper cable clamps on it. But you'll need at least one connector end of a Slave Cable Assm.

OTOH
The whole Slave Cable Assm. is really overbuilt and idiotproof. I was going to HeliArc some store bought jumper cables to the center conductor end of the adapter and just be done with it. :idea:

There's an insulator around the pos pin, the neg pin is welded right to the conn. housing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, if you insulate the attery connections, you can start a deuce without batteries through this cable, do it all the time!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The slave cable I have is the NATO one. I can plug it into my deuce and start another deuce without batteries in it. You have to make sure the battery cables aren't touching anything or each other. It's like quick connect jumper cables. Some deuces dont have a slave receptacle on the side so one would need to be added. I use the same heavy SOB cable to staart my mil gensets. The cable is massive to say the least.

JohnnyReb

Mine has the receptacle. I would like to boost the deuce thru this receptacle without having to open the battery box. Do you have any of these cables? Want to part with one or two? :roll:
Thanks JR

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would search ebay. Also have Walker Auto in CA that has them. Figure between $65 and $80 on average for the NATO version.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks