• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Navy MWR Vehicle in Far East Service

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
This truck is one of the more gaudy trucks I have ever seen and thoughs of it being a Philippino Jeepney whose roots were from WW II Jeeps left there by our Army and Marines. It took as many pictures as I could of it and thought you would enjoy seeing it too. I think it has more horse power on the hood than under it from the size I would not want to haul a full load up the hill I had to walk to get to it. I have two more pictures that will follow in a second

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
RE: More Picts of the Navy MWR truck

Holy CXXXX, WTF!?

I think I saw that on 42nd street one time (not that I've ever been there).

alphadeltaromeo

I grew up in the P.I. Actually 14 years there and road in many jeepney's in my life...many, many. The drivers were crazy :D

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

The amazing thing about it is the whole outer skin is Stainless Steel. I did not get to see it pull the hills but the little four banger diesel seems quite small.

MDSA

Navy MWR Vehicle in Far Esat Service

I spent a week in Manila 25 years ago and saw Jeepneys all over the city. They are used as taxis. Most, if not all, had extended beds, and passengers just hopped off and on as needed. Someone sat in back collecting money. The ones I saw were multicolored and the driving was crazy. Horns blaring and swerving all over to get around slower vehicles. One even went up on the sidewalk. But I survived.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks