• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NE Washington for Memorial Day

aleigh

Just like the title says. Did 854 miles this weekend with some friends. No trouble with the truck at all. We took the scenic route out from the Seattle area over HWY-20 over Rainy Pass and then out east past Colville. Camped two nights in different spots. We visited the Crawford State Park and the pretty cool cave they have going on there.

First exciting me is we near Oso on -20 when we pass this field with a bunch of locals frame-in on their pickups in the mud. I would have kept going but my buddy radios back hey want to help them. So it begins. Got the LMTV buried pretty quickly trying to get them out, which turned into a 2 hr odeal in the rain to get the big truck unstuck using only a range rover with a 9500# superwinch, a snatch block, and a pile of straps. It was like playing pool, and the winch kept cutting out, but the plucky little brit did the job. I think the range rover is a little bit longer now though, we must have stretched it out, since we had to tie the back end to trees.

It was funny coming over Frisco Mountain, there was a guy in a little truck following our group. We got hung up some blowdown and I'm getting the chainsaw out, and he comes up. Turns out he lived in one of the houses on the bottom of the road and saw us go buy and was doing some "Community Policing", he just wanted to see what was going on. Tells you something about the folks out there I guess. He was friendly, helped us clear the tree, then drove back down the mountain.

Also visited the Boundry dam, which is where they filmed the Bridge City scenes from the postman. Kind of a neat area. At Crawford S.P. there's a short hike up to the Canadian border, where you can just walk across at your own legal peril. I did for a very short distance and no drones bombed me.

One of my buddies in a JK managed to forget his tent, so he made a couple of nights in the back of the LMTV with a tarp over the rails to keep the (significant) rain off. We did really make out one of the nights - it was a pissing mountain rain storm through dinner, cleared up just in time for sunset and a double rainbow, and then shortly thereafter we saw the international space station go over.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adventioneering/albums/72157668726924292

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics as always. Did you replace the lens from the trip home?

I was living just east of Spokane when they were filming the Postman but never made it up to the dam.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks